The lessons will take place weekly, Mondays through Fridays, except during school holidays, on a fixed day and time in agreement with the piano teacher.
The lesson packages are as follows:
- 30 minutes individual lessons for children group 1 and 2
- 40 minutes individual lessons for children from group 3 onwards, 2x 20 minutes a week
- 45 minutes individual lessons for children from group 3 onwards
- 50 minutes individual lessons for children from group 3 onwards, 2x 25 minutes a week
- 60 minutes individual lessons for children after passing the B exam of the EPTA, 2x 30 minutes a week
General Music Theory is a weekly group lesson online in which other aspects of the musical education are being taught, such as rhythm- and solfège games, basic knowledge of musical history, composing own pieces and theory. Participation is not mandatory.
For beginning pupils, there is a trial period of 8 lessons. Please look at the lesson fee list for details.
For the lesson fee list look here
Books are necessary for the piano lessons. In agreement with the pupil, certain books will be selected, which the pupil will purchase. There are several methods to chose from.
When a pupil doesn’t attend a lesson, the pupil still has to pay for that missed lesson. When the pupil is ill, the lesson can be done online, same day and time as the lesson. This is according to the rules around Covid19.
Due to Covid19 the piano lessons taking place at my studio are as follows:
a) The student enters through the main front door. Please do not ring the doorbell! There is a very beautiful bench where the student can sit dry till it is time for their lesson.
b) I open the main front door when it is time. The student closes the door. I will always remain distant (1,5 meter) to the student.
c) The student washes their hands with soap for 20 seconds in the small faucet in the toilet and dries their hands and the faucet with a new green towel. The used towel goes in the yellow basket on the floor. Every student takes a clean towel.
d) The student sits at the piano and regulates themselves the distance and height of the bench. I will put the pedalraiser or feet bench for the students, when necessary.
The student puts the books on the pianostand and also the notebook. Own pencil and eraser are put next to the books.
e) After the lesson, the student leaves the studio through the old studio door. At home, wash the hands again for 20 seconds.
f) I open the main front door when it is time for the next student, who will wash their hands. In the meantime, I desinfect the pianokeys and the piano bench for the next student.
Due to the lack of space it is not possible to garantee the 1,5 meter distance for the parents or friends who are listening in. They can witness the lesson in the living room and/or through skype/facetime (microphone off).
This situation has set me thinking about the setup of lessonpackages I can offer, with your input, for next schoolyear.
1) Only pianolessons at my studio, with 1,5 meter distance.
2) Only pianolessons online.
3) Combination pianolessons at my studio and pianolessons online.
4) General music theory lessons with all students at the same time online.
Exam training is only for exam candidates. Information will follow. This is separate and not part of the lessonpackage.
The frequency is also variable, but dependent on what I think is good for that particular student. Adaptive education.
- A) Very often, but short lessons in the week. Example: 4x 15 minutes, 3x 20 minutes.
- B) 2x per week, equal lesson duration. Example: 2x 30 minutes, 2x 25 minutes.
- C) 1x per week, minimal 45 minutes.
- 45 minutes individual lessons for adults from 21 years old
- 60 minutes individual lessons for adults from 21 years old
* for the holiday periods look here